[modeleng] Re: Donington

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:48:13 +0100

Hi All,

One of the snags with LBSC Boilers was that he quite happily drilled and
tapped the boiler barrel to fix handrails and feeds and just did the same
thing for some of the fixings on the Backhead.
All of these should be bushed. The idea of something like a 1/4" X 40 thread
into 1/8" thick copper scares the hell out of me.

Regards

Clif

----- > Got the book on LBSC, his Life and Locomotives. It's quite
interesting to