[modeleng] Re: Boiler blues

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:22:18 +0100

Barrie

I'm sure conventional wisdom says leave well alone.  The depth is pretty
minimal but the potential damage pretty catastrophic if you get it wrong.
If you look in the tubes on any operational loco you will see very similar.
This is certainly true at our club.  Treat it like paint - it protects the
surface of the flues when cleaning conventionally.

Peter Cathcart