Re: [MoAccess] MIDI file playback & editing

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 06:46:08 -0400

Hi Grant.

I don't own a Motif ES anymore, but the ES is supposed to be able to
load standard type 1 MIDI files into its linear sequencer (song mode).
You can also save your own Motif songs as SMF type 0 files.

You should go into song mode, find an empty song, press file, press F3
[load], set the type to song, and press the right arrow to move to the
files list. Now, you'll be in the file list, and the MIDI files on your
storage device will appear. You might need sighted assistance to select
the specific file to load. You need to check out the ES reference to
know the order that the file type control's settings are in. Setting
type to song is something like the 14th or 18th option.

Hopefully, you'll get a response from one of the current ES owners. If
not, though, what I've told you should get you moving in the right
direction.

Bryan