[MoAccess] MIDI file playback & editing

  • From: "Grant Zolninger" <gzolninger1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Motif Access" <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:40:43 -0400

Howdy,

I have a Motif ES. Is it possible to take a MIDI file (.mid) that someone
else has created and somehow load it in to the Motif and or mix editor to
assign patches other than GM midi patches? I am hoping to use some MIDI
files to create  .wav samples using voices from the Motif that can then be
triggered in performance mode in real time. The midi files have more
information than I want to use as samples and I am thinking that I should be
able to get each midi track seperatly and mute what I do not need. Thanks
for any help you may provide.

Grant

For links to all Motif info for blind owners, visit www.MoAccess.info.
To change your list options and view archives for the MoAccess list, visit
www.freelists.org/list/moaccess.