[mira_talk] hybrid assembly question

  • From: 周琦 <zhq_kiz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:08:37 +0000

Hi, glad to have mira and the discussion forum here.  I'm a new guy to mira, so
not sure I did it right:

I have 130Mb assembled scaffolds produced by Solexa reads and 100Mb 454 reads.
I'm trying to join the 454 reads into the scaffolds by mira.
My command line is :

mira -GE:not=8 -fasta -project=hybrid -job=denovo,genome,normal,sanger,454
-notraceinfo

where I treated all the scaffolds as 'sanger reads'.

Strange thing is, I finally got 'unpadded' scaffolds only sized about 25Mb.
Does anyone know if I did something wrong or how to handle my data with mira?
Thanks a lot!

Qi

Messenger10年嘉年华,礼品大奖等你拿!
http://10.msn.com.cn