[mira_talk] Re: debris: entries not unique

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 00:57:41 +0200

On Mittwoch 01 Juli 2009 Sven Klages wrote:
> I found the debris file not only containing unique reads, I need to sort-u
> to get it unique.
> What's the reason for that?
> It's not really a problem ... I am just curious :-)

Once upon a time I wanted a more thorough logging of exactly when a read
becomes a debris and told the routine which dumps the debris names to append
to an existing file.

As I changed my mind on how this should be done (but still did not implement
it), I've now changed the current CVS version truncate the file.

From the next release on, the read names should be unique. But please note
that at some point in time, the file format *might* change to a tabular format
where the read name is still the first in line, but additional info *might* be
appended (separated by tab).