[mira_talk] all my 16S in one contig

  • From: "Davide Sassera (davide.sassera)" <davide.sassera@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:55:28 +0100

 Dear Bastien and Mira ppl,

I'm assemblying with solexa (100bp, paired) a 5,6 Mb genome, with 200x coverage.

My problem is that all the copies of the ribosomal genes (16S, 23S, 5S) get
assembled together in one single contig.

Based on reference I think I should have 8 ribosomal operons, which agrees with
the 8fold coverage of the "all the ribosomal sequences mashed together" contig.

I have been thinking about possible solutions to this, but I then realized
other people must have had the same issue, so why lose my mind when I can stand
on the shoulder of giants?

Thanks everybody

Davide