[mira_talk] Re: No such file or directory after running for approx 360 hours

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 02:20:57 +0200

On Oct 15, 2012, at 6:30 , Joel barratt wrote:
> Sorry about the slow reply. I have been trying to find the best way to
> compress the log file - but it is too large to email (it is 1.4GB
> uncompressed and I can compress it down to about 74MB - but still too large
> for my email). Is there any other way I could get this file to you?

Dropbox would be one way, but no need anymore, see below.

> Yep I thought so as well - I was getting a little worried it was looping
> about or doing something strange. However, I think you will find it is "one
> of those" projects. The sample came from cultures of a parasite which also
> contained an undefined mixture of bacteria. I extracted the RNA and used
> oligo dt cellulose chromatography to enrich for parasite mRNA but there was
> still around 10-20% bacterial RNA's in there I'm guessing. ALso, Some of the
> parasite mRNA's are quite repetitive as are some of the bacterial mRNA's.

That qualifies as "one of those". Reads in the 2 digit millions and I suppose
200k to 500k contigs?

Would you be interested in trying the current head of development? I haven't
released it yet because I have replaced large parts of the internal machinery
and I want to do some more tests, but at least it runs quite stable now ...
exceptions notwithstanding. And it is a factor of 2 to 3 faster for a project
similar to yours. I'd be interested on feedback regarding the assembly itself.