[mira_talk] Re: No such file or directory after running for approx 360 hours

  • From: Joel barratt <joelbarratt43@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:30:10 +1100

Hi Bastien,

Sorry about the slow reply. I have been trying to find the best way to
compress the log file - but it is too large to email (it is 1.4GB
uncompressed and I can compress it down to about 74MB - but still too large
for my email). Is there any other way I could get this file to you?

>You mean the files in "*_results_d" ?
Yep thats the one I meant. All the files in there look OK. Excellent - so
360 hours of waiting wasn't a waste.
The stuff in the *info_d directory I mostly don't need.

> Would it be a possibility you temporarily ran out of disk space?
Possibly? The hard disk was small (340GB) and the assembly consisted of
30million reads (approx) - about 1 million were 454, the rest illumina
HiSeq reads.

>Also, 360 hrs is a tad long......
Yep I thought so as well - I was getting a little worried it was looping
about or doing something strange. However, I think you will find it is "one
of those" projects. The sample came from cultures of a parasite which also
contained an undefined mixture of bacteria. I extracted the RNA and used
oligo dt cellulose chromatography to enrich for parasite mRNA but there was
still around 10-20% bacterial RNA's in there I'm guessing. ALso, Some of
the parasite mRNA's are quite repetitive as are some of the bacterial
mRNA's.

Anyway, thanks for the insights. I look forward to trying MIRA 3.9.5. Also,
let me know if you have an alternative way for me to send you the log file?
Perhaps dropbox??

Cheers!
Joel