[mira_talk] Re: Hybrid EST assembling (Two species, A and B, Backbone from A, solexa sequences from B)

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 22:21:59 +0200

On May 2, 2012, at 21:57 , Arnaud Ungaro wrote:
> Thank you about this precision. It is possible to change this rule ?

In principle yes, but only in the code and I presently do not have time for this

> Or I have to 'filter' and remove this kind of sequences ? (Like
> "3823-HWI...")

Hmmm .. maybe not filter out, but try setting the quality of those sequences to
"5" for all bases. I haven't tried it out, but in theory this should let those
sequences fly under the radar in so far as that when conflict occur with other,
regular reads, the regular reads will be preferred for building the consensus.