[mira_talk] Re: 32-bit version for mira 3.2.1?

  • From: John Nash <john.he.nash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:31:44 -0400

Dear all,

If you think that this is off-topic, please advise and I will shut up.

On 2011-04-06, at 4:08 PM, Robin Kramer wrote:

> Generally I prefer the way they teach in CS, where you implement the
> algorithm.  IE actually program a dynamic alignment algorithm.
>
> If you can do that then picking up a new alignment algorithm, isn't too
> difficult.  I find so many people are high centered on a technology because
> they only know the switches for that particular black box, so they resist
> even keeping up to date on the latest versions of their favorite software.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Robin

It depends on how you want to look at it.  Many of us are doing this because we
are trying to solve biological problems.  We don't really care how (as in
mechanistically) it works, only that it is accurate in answering my biological
question.

John