[minima] Re: pcbs for the minima

  • From: John Scherer <jrsphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 01:46:39 -0800

If the display code could be broken out as well that would be convenient and
allow for other display options.

John R. Scherer - www.jrsphoto.net - 619.354.4142 - jrsphoto@xxxxxxxxx

On Feb 24, 2014, at 7:41 PM, farhanbox@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Joe,
I hope we can refactor our code to use various 'device drivers'. But right now,
it is messy. We did manage to separate out the si570 code. But we will need to
similarly break it up into bandswitching, tuning and cw modules. Then we could
generate our own versions to confirm to various hardware.
For instance, I can see that the arduino could be used to control bitx class of
transceivers. We will need to restrict the frequency range, remobe
bandswitching etc.

My dabbling with open source had been limited to writing few modules for a few
software. I'd appreciate if someone can be the benevolent dictator of the
radiono software.

- f
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel
From: Joe Street <jstreet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: minima-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 22:15:59 -0500
To: <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ReplyTo: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [minima] Re: pcbs for the minima

I don't understand your comment that " it has a software component that cannot
be forked for different pcb layouts".  Why not?  That is usually what happens
in open source projects because different people want to use different parts
and do different things.  Is there some reason why this cannot be the case here?

Joe