[minima] Re: kerchucking noise in PTT

  • From: David Fannin <dfannin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 18:59:20 -0800

Thanks,

I put the TX/RX power inputs for the BiDi IF amp, and the output of the IF
map on an oscilloscope, and toggled the TX/RX modes.

The popping/rushing  noise is coming from the IF amp - I can also see that
the TX power decay takes about ~100 ms, while the RX power comes up within
a couple of ms.  There is definite overlap for 80 ms or so while both TX
and RX circuits are powered up - The popping noise matches up with this.
I've attached a video of it in action.

Dave KK6DF