[minima] Re: kerchucking noise in PTT

  • From: David Fannin <dfannin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 11:38:22 -0800

Ok, an update , but no solution yet.

Here's what I've done so far:

1) changed the mic preamp C3 cap from 10uf to 1uf. (from my schematic, I'm
using a NE5534 op amp mic preamp) - no change

2) disconnected the mic pre-amp and cw oscillator from the audio pre-amp
input - no change.

3) replaced the relay - no change

4) separated the PTT and TX_RX circuits, and updated the code to use a
separate PTT line to trigger the TX_RX relay.   The TX_RX line is now
output only, so no input/output switching.  The PTT line is now a simple
input line that triggers on going to ground.  - No change.     I wanted to
make this change, anyway, as I wanted to be able to trigger TX via the
arduino (for digital modes, possibly).

So next I'm going to try to disconnect the cw oscillator output to the
relay (the V2 design uses separate outputs for audio and transmit paths,
using the collector and emitter outputs, respectively. )    - I'll see if
that can isolate where the bias point change is occurring.

Dave