[minima] Re: kerchucking noise in PTT

  • From: allison <ajp166@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 14:51:48 -0500

On 01/02/2015 02:38 PM, David Fannin wrote:
> Ok, an update , but no solution yet.
>
> Here's what I've done so far:
>
> 1) changed the mic preamp C3 cap from 10uf to 1uf. (from my schematic,
> I'm using a NE5534 op amp mic preamp) - no change

Does not match any schematic I have.  You need to put up a AS BUILT
schematic.

What I'd asked was to disable the output of the mic preamp and see if
the TX/RX pop remained.
That was what I'd meant by pulling C48 (V2 schematic).

> 2) disconnected the mic pre-amp and cw oscillator from the audio
> pre-amp input - no change.
>
> 3) replaced the relay - no change

I cannot imagine how the relay could be at fault.

However when I do a DC switched TR circuit I usually return the
alternate lead to ground so that
when I go TX all the RX+ points are forced to ground and same from going
to RX wher all the
TX+ points are grounded.  It can be done with realy or my preference a
few transistors.

Allison/KB1GMX