[minima] Re: Ver.0.030 code problems

  • From: "Mac A. Cody" <maccody@xxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 00:20:03 -0500

Thomas,

I wouldthink that you would want to use an accurate
received frequency, such as WWV, to calibrate against.
Such a signal would be free and accessible to anyone
regardless of what test equipment that they may or
may not have.

I forgot to mention in my other recent post that I
also want to start working on the user-selectable
VFO startup frequency code in the radiono software.
I think that selecting from a list is too restrictive.
I'm thinking of using the tuning mechanism currently
in place to allow the user to 'dial in' the proper
startup frequency.  This would require extending the
number of frequency digits displayed all the way down
to single Hertz steps.  I think that this would be a
good thing to have generally.

73,

Mac AE5PH

On 03/29/2014 11:58 PM, Thomas Sarlandie wrote:
Jerry,

Yes. Thanks for your patience. And sorry it took so long.

The default startup is 14200. And of course the VFO is 20 Mhz above that so 34200. To be more precise, it is 19997 kHz above it, so you should get precisely 34197 on startup.

Ideally (it's on my todo list ;) we will have a way to calibrate the USB and LSB offset so that your display is precisely on frequency. The offsets will depend on your BFO settings, which themselves depend on your crystal filter.

I think we could have a calibration procedure where you tune to a signal whose frequency you know and then you tell the minima, this is the frequency of the signal and it would adjust it's offset so that the display is correct.

Until then, you should expect to be a few kHz away from what is on the screen.

73,
thomas

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM, <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>wrote:

    Thank you.

    K5LRU
    Harwood, Texas

    <mailto:thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
    > > Date: Sat, March 29, 2014 10:29 pm
    > > To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
    <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    > > Jerry,
    > >
    > > Sorry, I renamed a file last minute and forgot to change the
    include. I
    > > have pushed the changes, can you re-download with the same
    link and try
    > > again?
    > >
    > > thomas
    > >

    > > On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:23 PM, <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    > > > Thomas, I tried loading the sketch, it wouldn't compile. (see
    > > > attachment) Jerry
    > > >
    > > > K5LRU
    > > > Harwood, Texas

    PR for farhan:

> [...]
> [...]