[minima] Re: OT: Tuning - It's been done before!

  • From: "Steve VK2SJA" <vk2sja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:18:08 +1100

Again just out of general interest...

I only just discovered that some of the more modern Yaesu rigs seem to
offer Minima style tuning in *addition* to the VFO via a ring control that
sits behind the VFO knob. So it appears that Yaesu sees some advantage in
having both tuning methods available.

73, Steve.

"Shuttle-Jog™ Quick Tuning Aid

    First introduced on Yaesu's FT-1000MP transceiver, the Shuttle-Jog™
Tuning Ring provides rapid frequency change by its unique
spring-loaded design. Rotating the Shuttle-Jog™ ring slightly to the
left or right begins manual scanning to lower or higher frequencies,
respectively; lean the ring further, and the scanning rate increases!"