[minima] Re: A linear for the Minima

  • From: Dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:01:15 -0800

Why not use a I2C extender such as the PCF8574 (8 bit) or the PCA9535 (16 bit). Since we already have I2C read and write routines for the Si570, this would require 0 additional lines. The extenders have three address lines which set their address. As long as each device has a different address, there is no problem.

Dave - WB6DHW
<http://wb6dhw.com>

On 2/26/2014 11:08 AM, Dan Reynolds wrote:
Never mind my questions. I figured out how the 4017 works. In mine I think I will use a 74HC595. It uses three lines from the Arduino but can have multiple output lines high and I was thinking of switching the "other" LPF's with it as well.

Again, I'm learning a whole lot by following along in all these discussions. A whole lot!! And I think that's a good thing. I really like that you're bring the Arduino and the ham world together in this project.

73
Dan -- KB9JLO
https://sites.google.com/site/on30ng/

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Dan Reynolds <on30ng@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:on30ng@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    When will the radiono code have the bandswitching for this design
    in it? I'm not pushing just more curious about what the code will
    look like.
    Are you still using the original bandswitching code & hardware for
    the (2) receiver LPF's? Or were you planning to run them also off
    the CD4017 here?
    Thanks Farhan. I'm learning a lot by following along in this
    process. At some point though I think I need to build something!
    Hi, hi! :-)

    73
    Dan -- KB9JLO
    https://sites.google.com/site/on30ng/

        On 23/02/2014 6:34 AM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
        I just finished a linear amp that is entirely RC-coupled
        except for the power stage's output. I have built two of them
        and they appear to very quite stable and clean. It uses just
        the 2N3904s  in the chain except for the power output stage.

        The details are here http://www.hfsignals.org/index.php/RF386

        It started with the a stupid question "Why can't the LM386 be
        used in an RF linear?"

        I am particulary curious to know what value should one pick
        for the 100 ohms in the Q4. I am quite kicked by the one-line
        band-switching arrangement.

        - farhan