[minima] Re: Tuning it's hard

  • From: farhanbox@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:12:43 +0000

Giorgio,

I have purposefully added dead zones at both ends so that, when changing bands,
you can quickly stop by going to the end rather than centering the pot. You can
disable that in the code.
The tuning does take getting used to. I think disabling the mhz steps entirely
will make it easier (and slower) to change the bands.
The trick is, to first learn to tune slowly within the band.
We are so conditioned to continuously cranking a vfo that we need to unlearn
that.
However, once you get hang of the shuttle system, it becomes difficult to go
back to manual tuning system.!
I have brought the tuning pot out of my minima onto the mic. Now O don't have
to touch the rig. I can tune while leaning back in the chair.
- f
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel