Re: milestone311 testing

  • From: "Joseph LaFauci" <joeleah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <milestone311@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:12:23 -0400

Hi Jean,
First: did you connect the Milestone to the PC when you were trying to
format the SD card or was the SD card in your card reader?
Second: Does the Milestone still respond when it is not connected to the =
PC?

Now, here are a couple of things to remember:
When you access files on the Milestone through the PC, if you want to do =
it
by the PC USB connection to the Milestone, you must select either the
Internal or SD memory card before you connect to the computer.
Then, once connected, the PC will see the structure for the selected =
memory.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you put files on your SD card
external to the Milestone, you may not be able to see the files except =
in
the MP3 Player application of the Milestone.  This is because the voice
recorder applications expect everything to be stored within the M1 =
through
M5 folders.  If you put files in the root folder or in a folder with a
non-standard name, Milestone will let you play them, but only through =
the
MP3 Player.
You may also want to check the Milestone (while not connected to the PC) =
by
pressing and holding the Mode button to check status of the memories.  =
Do
this after pressing the Selector button to move to either Internal or SD
Memory Card voice recorder.
Let me know what you find.

Joe