Re: milestone311 testing

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: milestone311@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:43:29 -0600

It was so quiet, I wasn't sure if anyone was home. Smile.

Okay. I bought the Milestone last fall but admit I haven't had time to
really play with it. Now I want to start using it seriously, and my first
attempt was to put an audio book composed of MP3 files onto an SD card and
try and play it in the Milestone. But it didn't work. I used Windows
Explorer to copy the files to the SD card in a card reader, but I don't
think that was right. I couldn't seem to navigate to the SD card when the
card was in the Milestone connected to the PC with the USB cable. I saw the
m1 to m5 folders, but I thought that was the main memory.

I did reformat the SD card once it was in the card reader, so I don't know
if that made it unreadable. And now when I plug the Milestone into the PC I
don't get the device connect message but only hear a squelchy beep.

I'm not normally this stupid with devices. Honest. Smile.

How do I get back to square one and properly put a long book of MP)3 files
on an SD card? The manual talked about setting this up on the PC first with
an auto file of some kind but I don't know what to do. Yes, I read the
manual twice.

Jean