[MoGeo] Re: Hello and new issues..

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:10:55 -0500

It really is hard to judge all caches the same way. Some caches just aren't
going to get logged all that often, such as Myotis's 100, but that doesn't
make it bad. Micro's can be fun. We all had fun with the STs. Now most of
those parks didn't really have a place to hide a traditional, but some did.
But they wouldnt have been half as fun to find! So, I think it depends on
the cache.

I am not sure I like the rating system. We all know that we all like
different caches for different reasons. I have heard a lot of retired
cachers with tons of time and no little kids to tag along gripe and gripe
about the St. Charles caches. But hey, they were great for me. I don't have
a lot of time, I have to take 3 small kids with me, etc and they fit the
bill. Now, maybe the votes would even out. But I would hate to see them
archived because some vocal opinionated people have more time to hike 5
miles up hill than I do!

BTW, I have two caches in the nearby rest stop. A micro and a traditional.
Granted a lot of people have already found the traditional, but even those
who haven't are going for the micro and not the traditional. I have a
feeling that come winter, more people will go for the other. But it is just
an interesting observation.

I am still on the fence about the whole archiving thing. It has its merits.
But I hate to just see a blanket, generic archiving system that doesn't take
details into account.

Jen