[MoGeo] Re: Hello and new issues..

  • From: "Will Nienke" <9key@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:46:56 -0500

"I think what we should look at, and I know some will disagree, is a
cache renewal process for the state. I think it would be really cool if
caches were archived after a certain number of finds or time. That would
allow others to hide with a new flavor in some of the oversaturated areas."

What about the historical aspects of older caches? Most of the three digit
caches - GCxxx - are fast disappearing.
  At 09:49 PM 9/19/2003, Mike Griffin wrote:

    I personally like micros for what they offer.

  Oh me too. used in the right places..

    I hate micros that are 500 feet into the woods. I love clever hiden micros
that take time and thought to find.

  Those are the ones that are irritating.

    I think what we should look at, and I know some will disagree, is a
    cache renewal process for the state. I think it would be really cool if
    caches were archived after a certain number of finds or time. That would
    allow others to hide with a new flavor in some of the oversaturated areas.

  Same as what cacher Kono.. does.  I have been thinking of archiveing some
more of mine.. open up tha areas.. ect.

    snip..

    If we cannot afford to restock caches as we go, then perhaps, we should
    recycle the caches.

  interesting..

    Another thought to increase the quality of caching would be to implement
    local rules. I see no reason why we can't adopt some type of guidelines and
    fill in the gray areas. It would make it easier if we said that local
    governing rules apply to our home caching area. In other words, we set the
    guidlines in placing and maintaining a cache. We could still be within the
    GC guidelines but build upon it. There would be no way to enforce it
    however. It would simply be guidelines.

  I dont think I see a problem with that.  I always thought the local groups
could be helping guide the new folks with local guidelines ect..  I a new cache
is outside of the guidelines i think I can suggest that there are local
guidelines and it would be nice if they would do xyz to comply...

    Recycling micros should be a process we look at first. It would be nice to
    get rid of some really easy micros and some stale ones so we may use the .1
    of real estate for something fresh..

  Yep, as always, deciding which ones to go is always a touchy situation.. It's
like calling someones baby ugly... it may be but the owner kind of likes them.
:-)   We could just archive them when they disappear. ..

  Glenn   ..  got to run..  I'm late already.

    These are just some thoughts.. I will let others chime in and take a seat..

    Mike
    The Brawny Bear