[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone - Help!

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 13:40:15 -0400

Thanks very much.

I've said it before but I will reiterate that this is possibly the most helpful and good natured list I've ever encountered in the AT biz. Some of the more scholarly lists are also quite civilized but, when discussing commercial products, this gang takes the cake.

cdh
On Jul 4, 2009, at 5:29 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Chris,

We have the guide set out in sections at,
www.icanworkthisthing.com
under
Using iPhone with Voiceover.

Keith Reedy

On Jul 4, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Do you have a link to the guide?
On Jul 4, 2009, at 11:25 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

well, it's in the guide <grin> it's three finger double tap.

On Jul 4, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

As always, when I get a new piece of technology, I play around with it finding what I can discover before I listen to podcasts and other instructional materials. This morning, much to my feeling very silly, I heard the phone say, "speech off."

How then do I turn it back on?

I seem to have turned it off by doing a two finger double tap which I thought was hang up call, alas, I lost my ability to use the phone.

My lovely wife came to the rescue and turning VO off and back on again got it talking. For future occasions when I might make a similar mistake, how does one return the speech on the iPhone? What did I do incorrectly to cause the voice to disappear