[macvoiceover] Re: VO-friendly firewall wanted

  • From: Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:21:02 +0200

Hi Jude and Tim,
Jude, thanks for the tip! However, wouldn't a firewall based on iptables be a
bit primitive? After all, I guess the only thing I could do would be to block
certain ports, so no attack signatures, no intrusion detection etc… However, I
checked out Arnos-iptables, but I can't find a package for Mac. Am I missing
something?
Tim, sorry but I think that's not right, unfortunately. The firewall probably
asked you if those programs would be allowed to accept incoming connections,
not whether they should be allowed to access the internet. There's a free
firewall for the Mac called Little Snitch, but unfortunately that's totally
inaccessible.
Thanks!
Robin>