[macvoiceover] Re: Mail problem

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:27:30 -0600

It might be something with the server but you should also go in and check your
settings in Mail Preferences > Accounts with the account selected with which
you are having the problem. You would want to go to the otgoing mail server
smtp popup button and open it and choose edit server list. You don't need to
change the server probably but if you know what the right settings are or can
find them online you can check them against what you have in your settings. I
would especially check the port and the ssl setting. Also authentication. But
you would definitely need to know the right settings before making any changes.
I had a friend who couldn't send email a couple of weeks ago, for instance, and
it turned out she was using port 25 but her Internet provider had port 25
blocked and I also remember one time going nuts trying to set up Charter with
my Alpine mail because it turned out that Charter wasn't at that point using
any authentication for sending. Providers do change their settings from time to
time and tehy don't always do much to make you aware of it when they change
something.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: