[macvoiceover] Re: Looking up a word definition in Yosemite

  • From: Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:28:18 +1300

Thanks for that, I actually keep the Dictionary App open but will try to get
this one into my system.
It looks like it uses the Dictionary App anyway, without launching it.

TF

On 25/03/2015, at 4:48 pm, Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Russell,

The way I have looked up words for some time now is, while you are on the word,
press command-control-d and a window will open which will give you a number of
choices of what you want to know about the word, dictionary, Wikipedia and
more.  It seems to work in most docs and some times in e-mail.

This is a great way to look up a word.
We are Braille Bible printers,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy