[macvoiceover] Re: Introduction

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 17:59:40 -0500

it's just good to know it's a possibillity. Fantastic.
On Feb 7, 2009, at 1:29 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

John,

I am working on an outline and table of contents for a book length project proposal. If I can't sell the proposal to a publisher (this is far too big to do without a sponsor) I will try a few other avenues to get funding and, if all else fails, I'll put it up as a wiki and the community, including me, can make the thing happen ourselves.

So, I can't commit to much at this point as the project has an ambiguous future.

cdh
On Feb 7, 2009, at 10:36 AM, John Hess wrote:

Chris, please make this document available when it is ready. It will help many understand the differences and make the change. Thanks.
On Feb 7, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Michael Busboom wrote:

Hello Chris,

Roselle uses only superlatives whenever she talks about you, too. And since the aforementioned lady can occasionally be a little caustic, that says a lot about what a great guy you must be, too-- <Smile>.

Your idea about immersing myself in all things related to Voice Over totally meshes with my plans. I will, however, have one large translation to do during that period, and it has to be done in Word. Before I lose a client for working to slowly owing to a learning curve with entirely new programs, I may bite the bullet and use my current system. I do love Window-Eyes and for now, I’m just faster with it. Please post information about where to obtain your article, once you have finished it. Thanks.

You mentioned getting an external keyboard. Can I use an off-the- shelf USB keyboard for Windows or should I buy one for my Mac, provided they even exist. I assume that in order to obtain certain information from Voice Over, I will need to use specific key combinations with function keys, and the function keys I will need to use might not even be available on a Windows-based USB keyboard. Recommendations for an externam keyboard, either Bluetooth or USB would be greatly appreciated. The computer I will be using is a Mac Book with 4 GB/RAM and a 2.4 Ghz processor.

Best regards,

Mike