[macvoiceover] Re: Introduction

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:09:29 -0500

Hi,

You probably know me from a BSO list or two as, while I respect the guys who make it a lot, I've never really used Window-Eyes. I have been on lots of lists over the past decade or so which makes it hard to remember where I've seen other people's names.

I've not used the spell checker in OO but, rather, did the corrections inline as described in the AFB rebuttal written by Apple. I'll send a note to Marco Zehe (another FS refugee) who works for Mozilla to see if he has anymore information about the issue. In Thunderbird, for instance, the daily builds work pretty well with VO but the official release is pretty worthless on Mac OS and I don't know what the OO hackers have fixed lately.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Dec 10, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Mary Anne Lynskey wrote:

Hi Chris. Have you gotten the spell check to work in O.O. I can't seem to
figure out how to read the replacement choices.  I'm seen you on other
groups, maybe WindowEyes or Bookshare?  Anyway, welcome.

Mary Anne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >