[macvoiceover] Introduction

  • From: "Michael Busboom" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:32:41 +0100

Hi listers,

My name is Mike Busboom, and I have joined this list because I will be
taking possession of my Mac Book in late February.  I am very excited!

I have been a PC user since 1984, having started with MS DOS, migrating to
Windows 3.1, etc.

Since my point of reference is currently MS Windows, I was wondering if
there was any documentation that explains concepts from a Windows vs.
Leopard point of view.  I am not looking for evaluations; I am just trying
to find materials that might use Windows points of reference to explain
Voice Over concepts.

I am also wondering if there is documentation that describes the layout of
the Mac Book and its keyboard.

A little bit about me:

I grew up on a farm in Illinois, but I have been living in Vienna, Austria
since 1976.  I have a guide dog named Arla, I enjoy hiking and wine
collecting.  I love all things pertaining to Bible studying, so I especially
hope that the Mac world has software that will allow me to follow this
pursuit.

I love meeting new people.  If any of you want to contact me off list,
please feel free to do so.  I can also be reached on Skype where my user
name is mbusboom .

My best to all of you and please allow me to apologize in advance if any of
my questions are too "novice-like."

Mike