[macvoiceover] Re: Google Chrome problems with VO

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:17:53 +1200

Russell, you may be able to read those ‘play’ links in safari if you first
enable the Developer menu, this is done in preferences, then in the developer
menu go to ‘user agent’ and click ios6 for iPhone.

This was my issue also until this user agent change was pointed out to me.

TF

On 21/07/2014, at 12:08 pm, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Well, it’s been good and bad.  Yesterday a friend sent me a couple email
messages with links to videos.  They were not YouTube videos, but something
called Video Share, or something like that.  In Safari there was no way I could
get the videos to play.  One of the video links took me to a page and all VO
would say is Empty page, however, a sighted person said there was a play button
at the bottom of the page. I tried using item chooser, but no luck. When I
attempted the same links in Google Chrome, the videos played fine.

I like having Google Chrome and Safari so that I can switch between the two
depending on which works best on certain pages.

On my banking site, using Google Chrome, when paying a bill, VO does not
initially read the popups that allow me to choose an account and choose a
payee. If I tab around for a bit, it finally reads them. Safari works great on
my banking site.

I know this isn’t much help, but, I’d say install Google Chrome and give it a
try. It does work better than Safari on some websites.

HTH

Russell