[macvoiceover] Re: Google Chrome problems with VO

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:08:06 -0600

Hi Carlos,

Well, it’s been good and bad.  Yesterday a friend sent me a couple email
messages with links to videos.  They were not YouTube videos, but something
called Video Share, or something like that.  In Safari there was no way I could
get the videos to play.  One of the video links took me to a page and all VO
would say is Empty page, however, a sighted person said there was a play button
at the bottom of the page. I tried using item chooser, but no luck. When I
attempted the same links in Google Chrome, the videos played fine.

I like having Google Chrome and Safari so that I can switch between the two
depending on which works best on certain pages.

On my banking site, using Google Chrome, when paying a bill, VO does not
initially read the popups that allow me to choose an account and choose a
payee. If I tab around for a bit, it finally reads them. Safari works great on
my banking site.

I know this isn’t much help, but, I’d say install Google Chrome and give it a
try. It does work better than Safari on some websites.

HTH

Russell