[macvoiceover] Re: Buying A MacBook

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:50:05 -0400

Hi! I'm Marcy Weinberg. I've owned a mac since the beginning of March, and have never looked back! I bought a macbook aluminum, which is the 13-inch model. It is not big, and is extremely portable. You could buy a macbook white, which is carbonite from what I've just read, and it would be perfectly fine, and somewhat less money than the aluminum. As has been said, the mac you buy really depends on your needs. I certainly do everything I need to do on my macbook. I decided even before I had my mac in my hands that I would start with a clean slate in my mind, and learn the mac without comparing it to that other system. From my experience, once you learn to do something in one application, it is basically the same in most if not all other applications. Go get yourself a mac, and enjoy it! Everyone here will be of tremendous help. i'm still fairly new, but have been fortunate to have had loads of help in my learning, so I hope I can help you if you need it. Good luck, but you won't need it, you'll have it! Marcy

On Jun 17, 2009, at 2:49 AM, Portia wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking into getting a MacBook. Which MacBook would you most recommend? Also, is there anything I need to know about the Mac OS? I am switching from Windows Vista to Mac, hopefully.

Thanks,

Portia.

--
Wordy Mom