[macvoiceover] Re: Buying A MacBook

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:16:48 -0400

Good morning,

Which MAC book? That depends on what you are going to do with it. If your needs are average, the lowend MAC book with the firewire port will be fine, that the one we have.

But if you are going to be using high profile software, you will want to spend a little more and buy a MacBook Pro.

About the OS? Take a look at the guides and helps at,
www.icanworkthisthing.com
under
MAC with Voiceover.

If you are new to the MAC, check out,
Using Mac applications with Voiceover,
which covers all of the apps that come with the MAC.

Please remember that the MAC is not Windows. It works and handels differently. I have used the MAC for over 4 years and have never looked back, there has been no need to look back.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 17, 2009, at 2:49 AM, Portia wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking into getting a MacBook. Which MacBook would you most recommend? Also, is there anything I need to know about the Mac OS? I am switching from Windows Vista to Mac, hopefully.

Thanks,

Portia.