[mac4theblind] Re: jailbreaking?

  • From: John Heim <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 13:56:51 -0500

I have an iPod Touch 4g running IOS 5.1.1. I didn't want to pay for an iPad or for a voice & data for an iPhone. I have a pay as you go cell phone that I'm happy with. And the iPod Touch is only $200. If I can jailbreak it and get it to recognize my bluetooth GPS receiver, I can it into Location Services and I'll essentially have a talking GPS for under $300. An iPad is either $500 or $600, I forget. Its lots more than an iPad anyway. An iPhone with a built in GPS is only $400 but then you do have to sign up for a cell phone planSo I decided to take a shot at jailbreaking an iPod Touch..

I would have just bought a Kapten Plus but they are no longer making them. You can't buy them any more.

On May 11, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Justin Harford wrote:

What kind of iPod is it? Did you just buy it new?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 11, 2012, at 2:27 PM, "John Heim" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am I going to get kicked off this list if I ask questions about jailbreaking an iPod Touch? I got kicked off the macvoiceover list for that (no warning, no appeal, nothing). But jailbreaking an IOS device is absolutely legal. I think its crazy that you can get kicked off the macvoiceover list for just bringing it up.

I want to jailbreak my iPod Touch so I can hook it up to a bluetooth GPS. I'm hoping that if I can get it to work, I can build myself a talking GPS for under $300.