[mac4theblind] Re: Pages

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:20:50 -0500

    Just to be clear about a few things.

    First, I was speaking about in the file itself for the document
properties/inspector.  The command works in Pages.  Command-i in Finder is a
universal Mac OS X command that provides information about any file.

    Secondly, I say this because i tend to have a very dry sense of humor and
the text media can sometimes lead to misunderstandings or misinterpretations of
what I intended as being a joke.  When I read David's comment about it
beginning with an I, I got it because I would probably make a similar kind of
remark, particularly if I knew the person.

    Let's just keep in mind that lists have folks of differing thresholds when
it comes to senses of humor and what they might perceive as a joke.  At the
same time, folks, and please do not take any offense, but on a personal note, I
am tired of the over sensitivity and think skin nature our society is fostering
these days where people take offense at the slightest comment that they can
interpret as an insult.  I guess it's because I grew up with four brothers and
a lot of male cousins and the stuff that flies between my friends and I would
probably be completely taken out of context by the political correctness
police, but it drives me crazy when I encounter such things..

    My point is let's not jump to the defensive all the time and give folks the
benefit of the doubt.  However, if you honestly feel offended or insulted by
anything that is posted on this list, please contact me and tell me so.  I will
take care of it.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com