[mac4theblind] Re: Advice please.

  • From: "Gail the U. S. Male" <gailcrowe1959@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:00:36 -0600

Hi Steve,
I  believe you have to have os10.6, snow leopard before you can use gestures
on the track pad.  Voice over will work on 4.0 Tiger, but works much better
on 10.5 Leopard. The G4 processor won't work with 10.6 however. For that,
you need an intel dual core processor.  I would advise an upgrade to 10.5,
if you can find an install disk that's inexpensive enough.  I know it's
worlds better than what you would be using.  It has a different voice, Alex,
which is worlds better *in my opinion* than Fred, which is the default voice
in 4.0.  HTH