[mac4theblind] Re: Advice please.

  • From: <Jim.Denham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:58:26 -0400

Steve:

Based on these specs, this definitely sounds like an older MacBook.  OSX
10.4, IE, Tiger, had a very primative version of VoiceOver.  Unless you
upgrade the operating system, you will probably find this version of
VoiceOver more frustrating than useful.
Also, the multi-touch track pad gestures are only supported in OSX 10.6,
Snow Leopard.  I'm not positive, but I would doubt this older Mac Book
has the hardware to support multi-touch gestures.
My advice would be to save your money and purchase a new Mac Book.
Hope this helps.
Jim