[louisianaleps] Caddo Parish Butterflies

  • From: jftrahan <jftrahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Louisiana Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:48:26 -0700

Charlie Lyon and I surveyed butterflies at Eddie Jones Park in Caddo Parish
yesterday.  Charlie arrived late, but still got a new life butterfly--a little
glassywing.  There were many butterflies compared to what we have been seeing
there.  We saw a total of 26 species.  Nothing was really unusual-not even the
little glassywing.  However I did see 17 southern pearly-eyes which was the
most I have ever seen in one survey.  I am still looking for a creole
pearly-eye in this area which should be here and occupies the exact same
habitat as the southern pearly-eye.  The complete list is below.

Jeff Trahan
Shreveport

8        Hoary
Edge