[louisianaleps] Caddo Parish Butterflies

  • From: jftrahan <jftrahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Louisiana Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

I spent an hour and a half in Eddie Jones Park (in Caddo Parish, near
Shreveport) today looking for butterflies.  I saw a total of 23 species.  That
sounds like a lot, but these butterflies were difficult to find.  It is very
dry in the extreme northwestern part of Louisiana.  We seem to get the same
drought that Texas gets.  There has been very little rain.  Creeks are dry and
plants in the park are wilting.  This summer I have seen very few butterflies
in my yard in Shreveport.  My yard has plenty of nectar sources for them.  The
complete list is below.

Jeff Trahan
Shreveport

2      Hoary Edge