[lit-ideas] who is Jack Spratt?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:19:27 -0400

Jack Spratt wrote: I also would like to know what you are talking about. If you have a problem with where I live then say so.

I doubt your identity Jack, based on what you wrote about NYC. Here's why:

* Your comment about living near the "piers" is inexact; if you lived near the real piers on 46th, you'd say they lived in Midtown not Chelsea; if you lived near Chelsea Piers, the giant sports complex, you'd say "Chelsea Piers" not just "piers";

* a New Yorker who never uses the subway, but only uses cabs, would have to be very wealthy indeed; you also claim to use car service, which is more a function of the outlying boroughs like Queens than of Manhattan;

* a New Yorker so afraid of the subways would probably be elderly, so not very adept at E-mail.