[lit-ideas] Re: race to the bottom

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:32:56 -0400

Eric Yost wrote:

"You sound rather grouchy about this"

More disappointed than grouchy.  What had the promise of an interesting
moral discussion has turned into, well I don't know what it has become.  I
only know that it is no longer about morality and that it has gotten
tiresome.

Eric:

"If "cultural self-defense" is meaningless, then ..."

There is no 'self', in this case.

And the Nazi reference tells me the conversation is at an end.  I don't know
what set off this talk of wiping out all Muslims, but when you get over it,
I really was interested in discussing the matter of standards.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Glen Haven, NS