[lit-ideas] Re: race to the bottom

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:11:58 -0600

EY:
Yeah, fine, make jokes because you can't face a question. Keep things on the surface ...

I've been away for a few days, missed the start of this 'you people can't handle the truth' business by Eric. Should have stayed away.

My culture, I believe, is in more real danger of being destroyed by George W. Bush & Co. than by a hypothetical bunch of Muslims or those few Islamists who just want to live alone in the 7th Century. Actually, George W. Bush & Co. is destroying two cultures for the price of one -- the Arab 'culture' and our own.

That said, let me say that I don't know what 'culture' means. Something big, I suspect. Almost as big as Civilization. But the only culture I know is me. That's about as far as I can go in defining 'culture' -- little ol' me. The society I live in is constantly changing and I slowly change along with it to some degree. I think you're just being silly again, Eric, and deserve the jokes made of what you're arguing. So there.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>