[lit-ideas] Re: [lit-id] Sex Slaves, NYT-attn Paul

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:41:33 -0500

AA:
It related to your summary of the article.  The children are sold into sex
slavery by parents....

I understood what you meant, Irene.  But just as Donal, being an enquiring
mind, wants to know why if animals (might) enjoy sex with us humans and we
enjoy sex with them [your comment here], then why should such acts be illegal
or even frowned upon?  A brave question.  My question is braver.  If female
children within any certain culture are considered an undesirable product, an
economic burden for instance, and if we Westerners as a culture holds that
economic well-being is prima facie a primary value, then wouldn't it be morally
incumbent upon those who can afford it to buy those girls in an altruistic
effort to promote their country's economic development with the aim of putting
an end such crimes against human dignity?  And would it not be a sound economic
investment on our part to purchase these girls at bargain basement prices just
as they become most profitable?  The capital outlay is low, the maintenance
costs are low, revenues could exceed 200 to 300 hundred times the costs.
That's cash flow into our own economy.  Good for their country, good for ours.
A win-win situation.  Support your local female traffickers and help put an end
to female trafficking.

Mike Geary
Memphis