[lit-ideas] Re: [lit-id] Sex Slaves, NYT-attn Paul

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:30:54 -0700

> this has got to be a fringe thing in Canada. We simply don't have enough
> population to support a huge sex-slave industry.

ck: Paul, with all due respect, you're either naive or you're putting me on.
Where there's a 'massage parlor' there's a population supportive of a sex
industry. Where there's a sex industry, there are [now] low-cost or free [to
employer] workers, as in most other industries. In Canada, most of these
girls come from Asia--specifically Laos, Cambodia, Thailand. Easier access,
like the Eastern European sex slave workers in the EU.

Canada doesn't have a market? Need a "large" market? A large sex-slave ring
was busted in Pasadena, CA, a while back. Pasadena is a suburb of LA, a
small town. Women abducted for sex use are used [up] in the massive porn
industry, too.

Carol