[lit-ideas] Re: World order??

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:23:30 +0100

Erratum:

it seems we can kick Hamza out, as his citizenship was revoked (by a neat
new little repressive law of the kind we have over here..). But there's a
hold-up of the kind to which such cases tend.

Addenda: Hamza took that mosque over; the trustees did a deal with him so
they could get back, then suspended him. I think they have now expelled him.
But he can't be stopped from preaching outside the mosque unless be breaks
the Public Order Act (which applies to speech your First Amendment would not
support, but is more widely applied than that) or the analogous clauses
(incitement) of the Race Relations Act.

Judy Evans
jaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx