[lit-ideas] Re: What should we call this war?

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:48:54 -0500

Andreas: There is no national economy anymore. The economy has been globalized. The computerized digital global information network has freed capital from local presence. Capital now moves to wherever there is an investment opportunity, managed by experts. Multinationals have no national identify. Ford Motor Company, IBM, etc. aren't "American" companies in any sense of the word.

Local patriotism is not relevant anymore. Us vs Them? It's we. All of us, we, on one planet.

____

How can you exclaim that Bush is managing his war to maximize US oil interests and then claim that there is no US?

The central contradiction of our times: half-in / half-out of globalism.