[lit-ideas] Re: Variations on a Theme by Geary

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:17:56 -0400

>>You should stay home from school more often.

Yes he should. That last line, with "encourage me to song" at its end, makes me wonder whether form is more important than substance; in fact, as far as writing about poetry goes, and in all deference to Robert ("I teach Wittgenstein and oh by the way I have this winning and eloquent poetic voice if needed.") Paul, that last line reads as though the author lost faith in the form of the poem at the end, a throwing up of hands that runs contrary to our instinct to play.

Robert Paul for President.