[lit-ideas] Variations on a Theme by Geary

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:31:15 EDT

There is Geary pouring his (Camusian, if you  must, Wager) heart out and we
(Yost incl.) not taking him seriously. But  seriously (don't you hate that
parenthetical. As much as I hate 'honest' --),  it's a thought provoking (don't
you hate that cliche)  dilemma:

Hearing aid or treatment for Aloysha's  heart worm?

Variations:

"She asked  me
for advice."

But "all advice I give is  conditional" (Ritchie).

I was trying to find a scenario where the poetic  voice (for why should we
assume it's Geary, Wager?) ends up _shooting_ the  advice-requester, but my
imagination is never that florid. Plus, why get  yourself into trouble.

So a different scenario was 'crap-shooting'.

"I have a better plan. Give me the  2,800
and the dog -- I'll take care of both;  your
hearing is perfect to _me_."

Next day, 'Geary'  (the poetic voice) was seen in Tonica shooting the  crap.

Cheers,

J. L.
He said 197 pages to go. I'm  impatient.

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)