[lit-ideas] Re: Understanding Why Newton Contributed To Human Knowledge With A False Theory

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:49:48 -0330

Quoting John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>:

snip

> What we take to be knowledge is always flawed or incomplete.
> That is the human condition.

snip

Imagine now that John would follow the former claim with: "But, natuerlich, my
claim that knowledge is always flawed and incomplete is itself flawed and
incomplete."

And now consider the epistemic implications for his latter claim: "That is the
human condition." Surely, when one offers a conclusion on the grounds of a
premise, on must believe that the conclusion is epistemically warranted by the
premise. And, moreover, that this warrant possesses universal validity, in
keeping with the truth of the conclusion warranted by the premise.

Transcendentally constructing reality in the Bay of Fundy,

Walter O
MUN

Thus, the conversation goes on. I am delighted